If you’re interested in online dating, don’t sign up for just any site. Studies have shown that relationship success rates can vary widely among online dating websites. If you want a faith-based relationship that has an increased chance of long-term success, ChristianMingle is the way to go. In fact, a recent survey by Survata found that ChristianMingle is responsible for more Christian marriages than several other top dating sites. Check out this infographic to get the scoop, and continue reading below to see the complete online dating data from the survey.
ChristianMingle Study by Survata: Christian Individuals Married Between 2003-2015
- We conducted a study of Christian men and women who met the following criteria:
- Got married between 2003-2015
- Used an online dating service before their marriage
- Attend church at least once every 4-6 months
- We interviewed 500 people ages 18+.
- We focused on the usage of various online dating services and the resulting outcomes.
- This study by Survata, an independent consumer research firm, has a margin of error of 4.4% (at a 95% confidence level).
- Consumers were reached by collaborating with one of our panel partners.
- Respondents received an incentive according to the panel’s requirements.
- Survata uses IP address to prevent duplicate respondents. This ensures that there are no duplicates when using one or multiple panels.
- All panel partners must comply with Survata’s standard of clean, accurate data. This includes, but is not limited to, having a policy that each account is validated and that the panel independently monitors each account.
- ChristianMingle is responsible for more Christian marriages than all other dating sites surveyed in this study.
- ChristianMingle members recommend ChristianMingle above all other dating sites surveyed in this study.
- ChristianMingle members are more active in their faith community than those of any other dating site surveyed in this study.
- ChristianMingle has inspired more families than any other online dating site surveyed in this study.
- ChristianMingle members are more likely than non-members to meet and marry a partner they met on the online dating site: 71% vs 50%. (Table 1)
- 29% of respondents who met their future spouse on an online dating site met their spouse on ChristianMingle.com. ChristianMingle ranks first for marriages, and is significantly higher than any other site surveyed in this study. (Table 2)
- ChristianMingle members were most likely to recommend ChristianMingle above all other sites included in this study that they were using. (Table 3)
- 84% of ChristianMingle members recommended the site, and ChristianMingle members were significantly more likely to recommend ChristianMingle than members of other sites included in this study were to recommend their sites. (Table 4)
- Members of ChristianMingle were more likely than non-members to go to church at least once per week: 71% vs. 51%. (Tables 5 & 6)
- Both Catholic and non-Catholic ChristianMingle members are more likely than members of all other dating websites surveyed in this study to go to church at least once per week. (Tables 7 & 8)
- People who used ChristianMingle were more likely to start families with other people they met from a dating website: 19% vs. 9%. (Table 9)
- No other leading dating website’s members (of those included in this study) were more likely to start families with other people that they met from a dating website. (Table 10)
Table 1: Percentage of respondents that married someone that they met via an online dating service:
Table 2: You mentioned that you met the person you married via an online dating service. Which online dating service was it?
Table 3: As of a member of the online dating services listed below, which ones would you recommend to your friends?
(Among ChristianMingle members – Results show which of these sites they recommend.)
Table 4: As a member of the online dating services listed below, which ones would you recommend to your friends?
(Among members of the individual sites listed – Results show whether users would recommend each site where they are a member.)
Table 5: Percentage of respondents that go to church at least once per week:
(Only those who went to church at least once every 4-6 months qualified for this study.)
Table 6: Percentage of respondents that go to church at least once per week:
(Among Site Members)
Table 7: Percentage of respondents that go to church at least once per week:
(Among Non-Catholic Christian Members)
|Total Non-Catholic Christians||61|
Table 8: Percentage of respondents that go to church at least once per week:
(Among Catholic Members)
* Small sample sizes (<30) omitted
Table 9: Percentage of respondents that had children with people from previous relationships that they met via an online dating service:
Table 10: Percentage of respondents that had children with people from previous relationships that they met via an online dating service:
|Dating Service||% of Members||% of Non-Members|
You may also be interested in our ChristianMingle Success Stories.