At Christian Mingle we take your safety very seriously...you should too.
No matter how hard we work to keep you safe, it's ultimately up to you to stay aware and employ common sense both online and offline.
Use these guidelines as you search for "The One."
- Remain anonymous until you feel ready to meet your match in person.
- Slow It Down
- You control the pace of your online relationships and should take your time choosing to take them offline.
- Keep It On The Computer
- Don't take anything further than the computer until you feel completely at ease.
Creating Your Profile
- Create a New Account
- Set up a separate email account just for online personals.
- Move Slow on Sharing Personal Info
- Only give out your personal information when your instincts tell you that your match is someone you can trust.
- No Contact Info
- Never include your personal contact information in your profile (no phone numbers, home addresses or email addresses)!
- Ask Questions
- Ask a lot of questions and watch for potential inconsistencies.
- Long Distance
- If someone gives you a phone number with a strange area code, check it out to make sure it's not a charge number before you make the call.
- No Is No
- Stay away from members who won't take no for an answer, or pressure you for any kind of personal Information.
- Don't Send Money
- Never send money to someone you meet online.
- Report Scams
- If someone asks you for money, for whatever reason, do not do so. Instead report the situation to us immediately.
- Use Christian Mingle for Anonymity
- Keep your communication with new ChristianMingle matches on the site! By using ChristianMingle's communication tools (such as email, IM and the message boards), you can protect your anonymity as long as you'd like, and control the pace of the relationship until you're comfortable with the next step. This way, we can also help to keep you safe by continuing to monitor all members for suspicious activity. Rest assured, if someone is harassing other members, or asking for money and the activity is reported, we can catch the activity while it's still on our site and remove the profile in question. Remember — once you start communicating outside of ChristianMingle, our team is limited in the measures we can take to help you.
- Meet In Public
- Meet in a public place and provide your own transportation to and from the date.
- Use Your Smarts
- Using your own good judgment is your best bet because ultimately you are responsible for your personal dating experience. Trust your instincts and then have fun with the right people!
- Tell a Friend
- When headed out, tell a friend where you're going and ask them to check in with you later.
Our Committment to Your Safety
- Ongoing Development
- ChristianMingle.com is the leading online community for Christian singles to connect. We care deeply about our members. In fact, your safety and security is our top priority. Because of this, we take precautions to enhance the safety and privacy of our community members by:
- Implementing several proprietary, automated tools to identify questionable profiles
- Working to eliminate fraudulent activity in our communities
- Having profile-review experts manually review all profile text and photos submitted by members
Learn More About Online Dating
- Other Resources
- Click Here for More Online Dating Safety Tips