Christian Dating Sites and Safety
ChristianMingle is a place where Christian singles can feel safe and comfortable while meeting like minded singles. Hundreds of thousands of Christian singles are active members of ChristianMingle and members have become friends, entered long-term relationships and gotten married through meeting on our site.
Because we want you to be comfortable at ChristianMingle our customer support team strives to monitor and block photos, chat and message board posts of anyone who uses profanity or inappropriate subject matter. We review profiles and photos before they are posted to the website. To protect your identity, onsite correspondence remains completely anonymous. As a member of ChristianMingle, you receive a private onsite mailbox and your personal e-mail address is never revealed to other members of the site.
When creating your profile, DO NOT choose a username that reveals personal information such as your LASTNAME. Protect your Username and Password at all times. Never share your password with anyone. You are ultimately responsible for the security of your account on ChristianMingle
Safety-wise, meeting on the Net is inherently similar to meeting offline. As long as the same standard dating precautions are followed, cyber-savvy daters can feel at ease while getting to know each other. The main thing to remember: trust your instincts and use common sense just like you would offline.
Before you get started, here are a few guidelines to keep in mind. You can also check out this handy infographic, "Dating Safety Tips," to get a bird's-eye view of precautions to take.
- Remember that you are in control of your online experience at all times. You can remain completely anonymous until you feel ready.
- You are also in control when it comes to taking an online relationship offline. Plus, you have an advantage online because you can get to know each other before you meet.
- Remember that you don't need to take communication further than through the computer or phone wires until you feel completely at ease. Go at your own pace!
- When you do decide to meet face to face, pick a public place and provide your own transportation to and from. Tell a friend where you're going and check in when you return home.
- Never include your personal contact information in your profile, especially telephone numbers, email, home address or your last name, and only give them out when your instincts tell you this is someone you can trust. It's okay to take your time.
- Set up an email account just for online personals.
- Ask a lot of questions and watch for inconsistencies.
- Stay away from members who won't take no for an answer or pressure you for any kind of personal information. Serious cyber-savvy daters will respect your space and allow you to take your time.
- If someone asks you to go to their personal website or asks you for money, use common sense not to oblige and then report the situation to us.
- If someone gives you a phone number with a strange area code, check it out to make sure it's not a charge number before you make the call.
- If you feel someone is acting inappropriately and is in violation of our terms of service, contact customer service immediately and report the activity.
- Using your own good judgment is your best bet because ultimately you are responsible for your personal dating experience. Trust your instincts and then have fun with the right people!
Why wait? Posting your profile and photo are FREE!
ChristianMingle is the best Christian Dating site to find other single Christians interested in building strong relationships based on Christian values.
We bring Christian singles together.™
Christian leaders are saying...
ChristianMingle.com strives to add true value to the Christian community by creating a Biblical-based environment that allows you to potentially find God's match for you. Gone are the days where singles are limited to just meeting people through their circle of friends. Now, with the help of ChristianMingle, singles have limitless possibilities to build Christ-centered relationships.
~Steve Komanapalli, Men's Pastor at Saddleback Church, Lake Forest, CA